Best and Cheap DNN 8 Cloud Hosting
What is DNN?
DNN was first established as an open source community, where developers could interact, contribute and exchange ideas and technology. DNN is an open-source content management system ideal for creating and deploying projects such as commercial websites, corporate intranets and extranets, and online publishing portals. DNN is built on a Microsoft ASP.NET (VB.NET) platform, and is easily installed. DNN provides a suite of solutions for creating rich, rewarding online experiences for customers, partners and employees. DNN products and technology are the foundation for 750,000+ websites worldwide.
The DotNetNuke framework provides the various functions such as determining if a user is logged in, displaying the look and feel, determining what is on a page and who can see it. The Survey module extends the framework and allows users to participate in the survey.
Another great, yet simple feature provided by DNN is that you are not constantly redirected to new pages as you modify your content. The content editor window pops up in front of the page you are editing. This allows managers/users to view the live content next to the window that they are making changes in.
What is New in DNN 8?
The following are breaking changes that can impact upgrades as well as third party extensions:
- .NET 4.5.1 or higher is now required
- Removed the following administration modules from the product: Site Log, Newsletters, Vendors & Banners
- Removed the following navigation providers: ASP2Menu, DNNDropDown, DNNMenu, DNNTree, Solpart
- Removed the following functionality/modules: What’s New, Feed Browser, Widget Framework, Getting Started, Content List
- Removed the legacy appSetting connection string (modules that have not updated for this in the past years will now break as a result)
- Moved Telerik controls to a new assembly, requiring third party extension to recompile to continue to work (this is so phase them out completely in the next series of releases)
- Removed support for Internet Explorer 8
The following are updates geared towards extension & theme developers/designers:
- Added Single Page Application (SPA) & MVC module support so developers can create non Webforms based modules
- Released Visual Studio 2015 templates for both types
- Updated module settings API to support strongly typed settings
- Incremental upgrade support now possible via SqlDataProvider, cleanup files and configuration merge files.
- This allows changes to the platform product or third party extensions to be made without requiring a new versioned release
- Extension developers can now create admin and host pages via the manifest (dnn) file
- Added a new control which allows developers to exclude individual CSS and/or JS files from being loaded or combined for minification
- Default.css now has versioning support which can be set by theme designers to limit the amount of CSS they must override in their own designs
- Updated the following third party components to newer versions: CodeMirror, Newtonsoft
- Enhanced DAL 2 to add a fluent configuration API that allows developers to keep their Data implementation details and their Models separate
- Moved to Web API 2.0
- JSON Web Token (JWT) authentication support added to allow developers a way to expose WebAPI services for consumption outside of the framework, such as mobile applications. – BETA
- Added a new image handler that is exposed to developers. Also utilized for profile pictures throughout the application
- Made CK Editor the new default HTML provider in new installations (replacing the Telerik RadEditor as default)
- Extracted all administration modules from the base platform so they can be installed/uninstalled separately
- Added new default theme that makes use of bootstrap 3
- Converted the base project from WSP (Website project) to a WAP (Web application project) to help reduce application startup time
- Added page output caching provider (moved from Evoq)
- Made password reset utilize the same token as long as it isn’t expired (so if the user clicks the send password multiple times quickly, only a single token will be generated)
- Updated password inputs to allow 39 characters instead of 20
- Changed default robots.txt to allow client-side resources to be indexed
- Reviewed and revised the text used throughout the entire application for consistency
- Breadcrumb skin object now outputs schema.org markup
- Corrected problem where some platform functionality injected CSS files too late where they couldn’t be modified by skin.css
- Updated SMTP to support TLS authentication
DNN is a content management system ideal for creating and deploying projects such as commercial web sites, corporate intranets and extranets, and online publishing portals.
DNN is designed to make it easy for users to manage all aspects of their projects. Site wizards, help icons, and a well-researched user interface allow universal ease-of-operation.
DNN can support multiple portals or sites off of one install. In dividing administrative options between host level and individual portal level, DNN allows administrators to manage any number of sites – each with their own look and identity – all off one hosting account.
DNN comes loaded with a set of built-in tools that provide powerful pieces of functionality. Site hosting, design, content, security, and membership options are easily managed and customized through these tools.
DNN includes a multi-language localization feature which allows administrators to easily translate their projects and portals into any language.
DNN is provided free, as open-source software, and licensed under a BSD-style agreement. It allows individuals to do whatever they wish with the application framework, both commercially and non-commercially, with the simple requirement of giving credit back to the DNN project community.
DNN is able to create the most complex content management systems entirely with its built-in features, yet also allows administrators to work effectively with add-ons, third party assemblies, and custom tools. Site customization and functionality are limitless.
DNN is a trademarked name, and a brand widely recognized and respected in the open source community. With over 185,000 registered users and a talented team of developers, DNN continues to evolve its software through participation, real world trial, and end-user feedback.
Best and Cheap DNN 8 Cloud Hosting Provider
To choose hosting provider that fully support DNN 8 is not easy task. We highly recommend ASPHostPortal for your DNN 8 hosting partner. Not only offer cheap price, but also expert DNN 8 support team. You feel free to host your great DNN 8 site with their great DNN 8 hosting service. The following are the reasons why you should choose ASPHostPortal as your DNN 8 hosting partner.
ASPHostPortal comes with eight Windows cloud hosting plan, and the prices start from $3.00/mo, normally. With the exclusive promotional link, customers can get the hosting at only $2.00/mo, 33.3% off the regular prices. And you can start your DNN 8 site from $4.00/mo only. That certainly makes ASPHostPortal the cheapest DNN 8 cloud hosting in the field. Moreover, if there is anything wrong, customers can cancel the service, and ask their full money back within the first 30 days, according to ASPHostPortal 30 Days Money Back Guarantee.
ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting comes with Plesk control panel. Plesk is best control panel to manage windows hosting. You can easily manage your server, email accounts with few clicks. You can instantly install over 100 applications on your website with just a few clicks. You can check everything about your website including disk space, traffic, logs & statistics and many more.
Does ASPHostPortal really give 99.99% up time? The answer is yes. ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting servers are capable enough to make your website 99.99% available. ASPHostPortal has established a world-class infrastructure making it possible to guarantee such a high uptime percentage. Of course there is always the possibility that some factor beyond the control of the ASPHostPortal Company will result in more downtime. Fortunately, this does not occur too often. Upgrades and maintenance downtime are acceptable and do not impact the uptime guarantee.
In order to provide top-level web hosting service, ASPHostPortal.com offers 24/7 available technical support with professional and experienced support staffs via create ticket from helpdesk. Besides, those support staffs are been in this field for over 3 years, thus be able to offer efficient troubleshooting process, and provide the best resolutions to any issues raised by customers.