Best and Cheap phpBB 3.1.10 Cloud Hosting
What is phpBB 3.1.10?
phpBB is one of the most widely used forum script currently on the web. It is free/open source, easy to install and administer and allows flexibility in terms of design and organization. phpBB has a community of users who contribute to the overall project with content such as Extensions, MODs and styles. They also provide supplementary support as assistance to the phpBB Support Team. Community users are encouraged to participate in these support requests and to contribute to the overall betterment of phpBB core code.
The latest version of phpBB is phpBB 3.1.10. What is new in phpBB 3.1.10? This version is a maintenance and security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes various smaller bugs including jumping to specific pages in long topics, problems with using Content Delivery Networks for static assets, and notably updates the embedded Twig and PLUpload libraries.
What Is New In phpBB 3.1.10?
This version is a maintenance & security release of the 3.1.x branch which fixes one trivial security issue and various smaller bugs. The security issue only affects users using no longer supported versions of browsers as well as improperly setup webservers (thanks to Lukas Reschke of Nextcloud for reporting this).
The bugfixes address the Q&A captcha logging errors when it was solved, fatal errors when upgrading from 3.0.x in certain cases, and database transactions not being rolled back with incorrect notification settings. Other changes include an improved migrator and hardened form checking in the Admin Control Panel.
It also adds support for UI tests in extensions and now checks the version constant against the config version to notify users of incomplete updates.
- Check phpBB version constant against config version – Display a warning in the ACP if the version constant (files) does not match the phpbb_config version
- Support extensions in UI tests – UI tests now also support installing extensions and testing their behavior
- Improved migrator – The migrator will now properly prevent timeouts and infinite loops. It will no longer unexpectedly try to revert update_data() implementations using “if”
- Dropped support for MySQL versions improperly implementing FULLTEXT support – Some MySQL versions used improper implementations of FULLTEXT support. Versions with correct support are now required
- Users removed from newly registered group when limit set to 0 posts – Users will now be able to exit the newly registered users group when the limit is set to according to the setting’s definition in the ACP.
- Further hardened checking links and form submissions – Added link hashes and form keys to all forms in the ACP that were still relying on global ACP form protections.
Notable Bug Fixes
- Prevent MySQL error when looking at your posts – Wrong column was selected in certain cases.
- Q&A CAPTCHA no longer logs error when solved – A change in 3.1.9 caused the CAPTCHA to log an error even though it was solved.
- Min/max form values no longer preventing update of avatar settings – The newly introduced form validation on the html side will no longer report invalid min/max settings when updating avatar settings.
- Fixed fatal error when upgrading from 3.0.x – Fixed error when upgrading from version with softdelete MOD installed.
- Limit prunes per cron for large forums – Prunes on large forums were not limited. This could cause the prune query to fail at an unspecified point in time and leave topics unpruned.
- Rollback transactions in notifications manager – Fixed issues with not rolled back transactions when using non-existent notification types
Who is The Best phpBB 3.1.10 Hosting Provider?
How to choose the best and cheap phpBB 3.1.10 cloud hosting? In order to pick some awesome phpBB hosting packages, we have done many investigations. In detailed, we have not only learned from our own experience but also reviewed plenty webmasters’ suggestions. Finally, we find the following worthwhile hosting packages with high availability and practicability offered by leading companies.
ASPHostPortal.com has over eight-year hosting experience and has developed thousands of loyal clients including individuals and large company owners. If you want excellent experience in ASP.NET hosting and phpBB hosting at the most affordable prices in the market, ASPHostPortal.com is a good choice.
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN provides reliable hosting services to personal, small and medium sized businesses at a very competitive price in India. With WindowsASPNETHosting.IN, you can create a blog in 5 minutes, and if you want to transfer your domain or website from another host, the technicians ensure a free and no-downtime transfer process for you.
Hosting more than 1 thousand websites with the web hosting services, UKWindowsHostASP.NET is an experienced web host founded in 2008. Their web hosting solutions are rich-featured in a series of unique services for users, such as the enhanced security suite, 24×7 network monitoring, site traffic reporting and step-by-step tutorials for using your account.