Best and Cheap nopCommerce 3.80 Cloud Hosting
What is nopCommerce?
nopCommerce is an open source ecommerce software that contains both a catalog frontend and an administration tool backend. nopCommerce is a fully customizable shopping cart. It’s stable and highly usable. From downloads to documentation, nopCommerce.com offers a comprehensive base of information, resources, and support to the nopCommerce community.
What is New in nopCommerce 3.80?
This version of nopCommerce was based on the valuable feedback we’ve got on our first conference nopDevDays 2015. The main changes that they implemented were aimed at making nopCommerce more store owners and store managers oriented. They wanted to ease the work with the platform for different types of users: from beginner merchants to experienced managers. Making it happen, we focused on UI and UX and simplified and re-designed admin area.
Re-designed and simplified admin area
- They introduced absolutely new responsive design for admin area. It’s viewable on all mobile devices, enabling store management on-the-go.
- They re-designed the product details page, which was very long and required much scrolling. They made two modes for this page: “basic” and “advanced” (a store owner can choose which settings will be displayed in “basic” mode). “Basic” mode shows the only minimum amount of settings needed for mundane work. By clicking the switch button, the page can be set to “Advanced” mode which shows all available fields.
- For the setting pages they’ve chosen the most widely used settings (minimum list) and made them visible in “Basic” mode. By clicking the switch button, the page can be set to “Advanced” mode which shows all available settings.
- The new admin area menu got search with autocomplete functionality. During the input, the search field will be expanded and will offer a list of matching menu items.
- Now they have fully customizable dashboard that can be modified to show only reports the store owner needs.
You can play with the latest version on their demo sites.
Usage of several discounts simultaneously (cumulative discounts)
New nopCommerce version has a more flexible discount system. This time, they’ve made improvements and now multiple discounts can be used simultaneously, allowing more promotion campaigns to be more flexible. Just check the “Cumulative with other discounts” box on the discount details page and remember that it is usable only with the same discount type, while the discounts with different types are already cumulative.
“Color square” specification attribute type
Now the specification attributes can be displayed and filtered not only with digits and words but also with color blocks.
Conditional checkout attributes
In the previous version, they introduced conditional product attributes. Now they added the same support for checkout attributes. A store owner can specify a condition for a checkout attribute when this attribute should be visible depending on other attribute value. Conditional attributes that only appear if a previous attribute is selected, such as having an option for personalizing clothing with a name and only providing the text input box if the “Personalize” radio button is checked. It makes a complex task like adding a custom message or choosing the material of gift wrapping into an easy one.
“Image squares” product attribute
In addition to color squares, the image squares with user-uploaded images can be used as product attributes. A store owner can upload any image which will be displayed and selectable on the product details page.
Advanced in-store pickup
In this version we’ve improved in-store pickup support. Now a store manager can select multiple pickup points. The customer can pick up his goods from different stores. The map indicating the location of stores can be included too.
Ship to the same address
In the 90% of orders shipping address and billing address are the same. They noted that, and added the “Ship to the same address” checkbox to the “Billing Address” step during checkout.
Allow a store owner to configure custom RMA
The majority of store owners who have a return policy for their products provide the customer and RMA# that needs to be mentioned on the return package. Now a store owner can configure unique RMA# to be generated for each return request.