Best and Cheap Tiki Wiki Cloud Hosting Provider
What is Tiki Wiki?
Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware is a full-featured, web-based, multilingual (40+ languages), tightly integrated, all-in-one Wiki+CMS+Groupware, Free Source Software (GNU/LGPL), using PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework, jQuery and Smarty. Tiki can be used to create all kinds of Web applications, sites, portals, knowledge base, intranets, and extranets. It is actively developed by a very large international community.
Tiki Wiki Features
- Knowledge base: Wiki, FAQs, File gallery, Photo Album, Tags, Search, Kaltura video management integration, etc.
- Collaboration/Project Management: Wiki, Forums, Tasks, Permissions, Timeline, Proposals/Votes, Blog, Categories, Watch, etc.
- Publishing/web site: News articles, Blog, RSS, Newsletter, Maps, Themes, Banners, WYSIWYG, SEO, etc.
- Commerce: Shopping Cart, Payment, Membership, Credits, Accounting, etc.
- Social networking/Community: Friends, Maps, Inter-user messages, Surveys, Polls, Chat, Share link, Comments, Calendar, etc.
- CRM / Help Desk: User database, membership, Bug & issue trackers, polls, etc.
- Office suite: Wiki, Spreadsheet, Slideshow, Drawings, Database (trackers) and Reports, etc.
- Personal Information Management (PIM): Calendar, Webmail, Address book, Notepad, Time Sheet, etc.
- E-learning: Quizzes, Slideshow, BigBlueButton webinar integration, etc.
- Framework: App builder (forms & reports), Workflow, Profiles, Advanced wiki syntax, etc.
Best and Cheap Tiki Wiki Cloud Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal.com was founded in 2008. It has been topping the list of almost all the web hosting review sites so far. ASPHostPortal.com is one of the first hosts to launch Tiki Wiki Web Hosting on their Linux hosting platform. They will make sure that Tiki Wiki runs smoothly on their servers and that your website is safer, faster and better supported than anywhere else! Their best and cheap Tiki Wiki cloud hosting plan is starting at $2.50/mo. ASPHostPortal.com is now providing free domain and double database space for new clients to enjoy the company’s outstanding web hosting service.
DiscountService.biz is one of the best Australia hosting companies recommended by many professional review sites and a large number of webmasters. As a new comer, DiscountService.biz has a very brilliant reputation in the Tiki Wiki hosting on the web hosting speed, reliability and technical support of their shared web hosting product.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is the best UK Windows Hosting provider that offers the most affordable world class windows hosting solutions for their customers. They provide shared, reseller, cloud, and dedicated web hosting.
Their target is to provide a versatile and dependable one-stop online hosting and marketing shop for the small business entrepreneur, and eliminate the need for you to deal with a host of different online vendors. They offer high quality web hosting, dedicated servers, web design, domain name registration, and online marketing to help lead your business to online success.
Why You Should Use Tiki Wiki?
- A confident and future-proof choice
- Over a million downloads and counting
- Tiki has been nominated for, and received, several awards
- Uses top-notch underlying technologies:
- PHP scripting language
- MySQL or MariaDB database
- Smarty template engine
- Zend Framework
- Bootstrap, starting in Tiki13
- And many other External Libraries
- A vibrant community
- 500 contributors with commit access
- IRC chat room, discussion forums, documentation, webinars, etc.
- If you want hired help, or want to offer services, there is a Tiki Service Provider program
- Tiki is a community recursively building a community management system, which is called Dogfooding
- “One of the largest open-source teams in the world”, according to Black Duck Open Hub
- Tons of features
- Over 1,500 unique features/options making it the Free / Libre / Open Source Web Application with the most built-in features
- Ideal for most use cases, such as Collaboration, Publishing, Commerce, Social networking, Office productivity tools, E-learning, etc.
- Has the breadth and depth to most likely address your specific needs as it has been developed through the collaborative work of hundreds of contributors for over 12 years.
- Part of Tiki Suite, a server, web, mobile and desktop apps suite with a concerted effort for greater interoperability and security.
- Features are built-in
- No need to research, choose, download and install additional modules/extensions/plugins: There is no feature duplication. All the features are built-in, collaboratively maintained by the community, so you avoid the pain of abandoned modules/plugins/extensions.
- Everything works with everything: The whole community collaborates on the features instead of having modules/extensions/plugins which may have incompatibilities. Turn everything on and it will work.
- Quick timely upgrades: When a new version of Tiki comes out, you can upgrade right away and all the features are available.
- Can run on any Operating System (Windows, Mac or Linux)
- Works with any browser
- Interoperability with a very large number of online services, complementary software, technologies and standards.
- Open Collaboration: If you need a new feature, join the community and let’s work together. If you are a developer, check out How to get commit access
- Innovation: For the latest and greatest and quick access to new features, use the rapid release cycle, with 2 new major releases per year. No other major web applications has had more major releases since 2008. On average, developers update the code (with new features and fixes) over a dozen times every day.
- Stability: For a super stable system with very few changes: Use the Long Term Support (LTS) versions, which is supported for 5 years.
- Performance: Via Tiki-powered communities, we find and address performance bottlenecks. Ex.: tiki.org has over 20 000 user accounts
- Security: The Tiki Security Team is responsible to review security vulnerability reports and to proceed to a pro-active audit at each major release.
- Adaptable Look & Feel: A very powerful templating engine and CSS allows total customization of the site appearance.
- Easy hosting: Tiki is a mature application and is vastly deployed on shared servers. It is widely tested in all kinds of configurations and offers many benefits for a hosting company.
- Easy install: You can use the “1-click installers”. All the features, languages, etc. are available in the basic install.
- Easy to configure: All features/options are activated from the web-based control panel. Profiles are available such Small Organization Web Presence, Collaborative Community, Company Intranet, etc. are available for a fully configured site in a few clicks.
- Adaptable: By default, only a small number of basic, commonly-used features appear in the control panel. As your needs grow, you can also display advanced and experimental features/options.
- Easy upgrades: Upgrade from any past version to any supported version in one step. (so you can upgrade from 2.x to 15.x)
- No need to deal with diverse release dates of core software vs modules/plugins/extensions
- The “1-click installers” also support upgrades
- Predictability: The Version Lifecycle is well-defined so you can plan ahead for major upgrades
- Service providers and institutions can make multi-year plans with realistic total cost of ownership (TCO) estimates.
- No lock-in: Community supported, no single entity (project or vendor) that has disproportionate weight in the project’s direction.
- Free / Libre / Open Source software: Licensed as LGPL, Tiki is free, both Free Software (as in “Free Speech”) and Free of Charge(as in “Free Beer”)